- Y. Ding, L.M. Zhu, X.J. Zhang, H. Ding, A full-discretization method for prediction of milling stability, International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture 50 (2010) 502–509. [CrossRef]
- G. Quintana, J. Ciurana, Chatter in machining processes: a review, International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture 51 (2011) 363–376. [CrossRef]
- J.V. Le Lan, A. Marty, J.F. Debongnie, CIRP (Eds.), A stability diagram computation method for milling adapted to automotive industry, in: Proceedings of the CIRP Second International Conference on High Performance Cutting, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, 12–13 June, 2006.
- T. Insperger, Stability analysis of periodic delay-differential equations modelling machine tool chatter, PhD dissertation, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, 2002.
- T. Insperger, G. Stepan, Semi-discretization method for delayed systems, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering 55 (2002) 503–518. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- T. Insperger, G. Stepan, Updated semi-discretization method for periodic delay differential with discrete delay, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering 61 (2004) 117–141. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- T. Insperger, G. Stepan, J. Turi, On the higher-order semi-discretizations for periodic delayed systems, Journal of Sound and Vibration 313 (2008) 334–341. [CrossRef]
- C. Henninger, P. Eberhard, Improving the computational efficiency and accuracy of the semi-discretization method for periodic delay-differential equations, European Journal of Mechanics – A/Solids 27 (2008) 975–985. [CrossRef]
- T. Insperger, Full-discretization and semi-discretization for milling stability prediction: some comments, International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture 50 (2010) 658–662. [CrossRef]
- Y. Ding, L. Zhu, X. Zhang, H. Ding, Second-order full-discretization method for milling stability prediction, International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture 50 (2010) 926–932. [CrossRef]
- Q. Quo, Y. Sun, Y. Jiang, On the accurate calculation of milling stability limits using third-order full-discretization method, International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture 62 (2012) 61–66. [CrossRef]
- Y. Liu, D. Zhang, W. Baohai, An efficient full-discretization method for prediction of milling stability, International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture 63 (2012) 44–48. [CrossRef]
- Y. Ding, L.M. Zhu, X.J. Zhang, H. Ding, Numerical integration method for prediction of milling stability, Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering 133 (2011) 031005–031009. [CrossRef]
- C.G. Ozoegwu, Chatter of plastic milling CNC machine: master of engineering thesis, Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka, 2011.
- P.V. Bayly, T.L. Schmitz, G. Stepan, B.P. Mann, D.A. Peters, T. Insperger, Effects of radial immersion and cutting direction on chatter instability in end-milling, in: Proceedings of IMECE’02 2002 ASME International Mechanical Engineering Conference & Exhibition, New Orleans, Louisiana, November 17–22, 2002.
- E. Butcher, B. Mann, Stability analysis and control of linear periodic delayed systems using Chebyshev and Temporal Finite Element Methods, http://mae.nmsu.edu/faculty/eab/bookchapter_final.pdf
- C.D. Meyer, Matrix analysis and applied linear algebra, SIAM, Philadelphia, 2000. [CrossRef]
- C.G. Ozoegwu, Least squares approximated stability boundaries of milling process, International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture 79 (2014) 24–30. [CrossRef]
- R. Sridhar, R.E. Hohn, G.W. Long, A stability algorithm for the general milling process, Transactions of the ASME Journal of Engineering for Industry 90 (1968) 330–334. [CrossRef]
- I. Minis, T. Yanushevsky, R. Tembo, R. Hocken, Analysis of linear and nonlinear chatter in milling, Annals of the CIRP 39 (1990) 459–462. [CrossRef]
- E. Budak, The mechanics and dynamics of milling thin-walled structures, Ph.D Dissertation, University of British Columbia, 1994.
- Y. Altintas, E. Budak, Analytical prediction of stability lobes in milling, Annals of the CIRP 44 (1995) 357–362. [CrossRef]
- E. Budak, Y. Altintas, Analytical prediction of chatter stability in milling – part I: general formulation, part II: application to common milling systems, Transactions of the ASME Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control 20 (1998) 22–36. [CrossRef]
- S.D. Merdol, Y. Altintas, Multi frequency solution of chatter stability for low immersion milling, Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering 126 (2004) 459–467. [CrossRef]
- C.G. Ozoegwu, S.N. Omenyi, S.M. Ofochebe, C.H. Achebe, Comparing up and down milling modes of end-milling using temporal finite element analysis, Applied Mathematics 3 (2013) 1–11.
Volume 1, 2014
|Number of page(s)||13|
|Published online||25 September 2014|