- K.K. Chawla, Composite materials: science and engineering, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1998.
- S.K. Mazumdar, Composites manufacturing, CRC Press, New York, 2002.
- M.K. Surappa, Aluminium matrix composites: challenges and opportunities, Sadhana 28 (2003) 319–334. [CrossRef]
- S.M. Choi, H. Awaji, Nano composite – a new material design concept, Science and Technology of Advance Materials 6 (2005) 2–10. [CrossRef]
- G. Cao, J. Kobliska, H. Konishi, X. Li, Tensile properties and microstructure of SiC nanoparticle reinforced Mg-4Zn Alloy fabricated by ultrasonic cavitations based solidification processing, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A 39A (2008) 880–886. [CrossRef]
- G. Cao, H. Konishi, X. Li, Mechanical properties and microstructure of Mg/SiC nanocomposites fabricated by ultrasonic cavitations based nano-manufacturing, Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering 130 (2008) 1–5.
- G. Cao, H. Konishi, X. Li, Recent developments on ultrasonic cavitation based solidification processing of bulk magnesium nanocomposites, International Journal of Metalcasting, American Foundry Society 2 (2008) 57–68.
- W.L.E. Wong, M. Gupta, C.Y.H. Lim, Enhancing the mechanical properties of pure aluminium using hybrid reinforcement methodology, Material science and Engineering A 423 (2006) 148–152. [CrossRef]
- D. Ge, M. Gu, Mechanical properties of hybrid reinforced aluminium based composites, Materials Letters 49 (2001) 334–339. [CrossRef]
- X. Zhang, L. Geng, G.S. Wang, Fabrication of Al based hybrid composites reinforced with SiC whisker and SiC nano particles by squeeze casting, Journal of Material Processing Technology 176 (2006) 141–151. [CrossRef]
- J.S. Sureshbabu, P.K. Nair, C.G. Kang, Fabrication and characterization of aluminium based nano-micro hybrid metal matrix composites, 16th International conference on composite materials, Kyoto, Japan, 2007, pp. 1–5.
- Y.C. Feng, L. Geng, P.Q. Zeng, Z.Z. Zeng, G.S. Wang, Fabrication and characterization of Al based hybrid composite reinforced with tungsten oxide particles and aluminium borate whisker by squeeze casting, Materials and Design 29 (2008) 2023–2026. [CrossRef]
- G.H. Fan, L. Geng, Z.Z. Zeng, G.S. Wang, P.Q. Zeng, Preparation and characterization of Al18B4O33 + BaPbO3/Al hybrid composite, Materials Letter 62 (2008) 2670–2672. [CrossRef]
- Y.C. Feng, L. Geng, G.H. Fan, A.B. Li, Z.Z. Zeng, The properties and microstructure of hybrid composites reinforced with WO3 particles and Al18B4O33 whiskers by squeeze casting, Materials and Design 30 (2009) 3632–3635. [CrossRef]
- D.R. Kumar, R. Narayanasamy, C. Loganathan, Effects of Glass and SiC in Aluminum matrix on workability and strain hardening behaviour of powder metallurgy hybrid composites, Materials and Design 34 (2012) 120–136. [CrossRef]
- L. Guan, L. Geng, H. Zhang, L. Huang, Effects of stirring parameters on microstructure and tensile properties of (ABOw + SiCp) 6061 Al composites fabricated by semi-solid stirring technique, Transactions of Nonferrous Metals Society of China 21 (2011) s274–s279. [CrossRef]
- Y.T. Zhao, S.L. Zhang, G. Chen, Aluminium matrix composite reinforced by in-situ Al2O3 and Al3Zr particles fabricated via magneto-chemistry reaction, Transactions of Nonferrous Metals Society of China 20 (2010) 2129–2133. [CrossRef]
- F.L. Matthews, R.D. Rawlings, Composite materials: engineering and science, CRC Press, New York, 1999.
- Y. Yang, J. Lan, X. Li, Study on bulk aluminium matrix nano-composite fabricated by ultrasonic dispersion of nano-sized SiC particles in molten aluminium alloy, Materials Science and Engineering A 380 (2004) 378–383. [CrossRef]
- Y. Yang, X. Li, Ultrasonic cavitations based nano-manufacturing of bulk aluminium matrix nanocomposites, Transactions of the ASME 129 (2007) 252–255. [CrossRef]
- V. Vishwanathan, T. Laha, K. Balani, A. Agarwal, S. Seal, Challenges and advances in nanocomposite processing techniques, Material Science and Engineering R 54 (2006) 121–285.
- X. Li, Y. Yang, X. Cheng, Ultrasonic assisted fabrication of metal matrix composites, Journal of Material Science 39 (2004) 3211–3212. [CrossRef]
- D. Sunnel, D. Nageshwar Rao, C. Satyanarayana, P.K. Jain, Estimation of cavitations pressure to disperse carbon nanotube in aluminium matrix composites, AIJSPTME 2 (2009) 53–60.
- S. Donthamsetty, N.R. Damera, P.K. Jain, Ultrasonic cavitations assisted fabrication and characterisation of A356 metal matrix nanocomposite reinforced with SiC, B4C, CNTs, AIJTPME 2 (2009) 27–34.
- I. Narsimha Murthy, D. Venkarao, J. Rao Babu, Microstructure and mechanical properties of aluminium-fly ash nano composite made by ultrasonic method, Materials and Design 35 (2012) 55–65. [CrossRef]
- A. Miranda, N. Alba-Baena, B.J. McKay, D.G. Eskin, S.H. Ko, J.S. Shin, Study of mechanical properties of an LM24 composites alloy reinforced with Cu-CNT nanofillers, processed using ultrasonic cavitations, Material Science Forum 765 (2013) 245–249. [CrossRef]
- F. Zok, S. Jansson, A.G. Evans, V. Nardone, Thermo-mechanical behaviour of a hybrid metal matrix composite, Metallurgical Transactions A 22A (1991) 2107–2117. [CrossRef]
- J.H. Jang, K.S. Han, Fabrication of graphite nano-fibres reinforced metal matrix composite by powder metallurgy and their mechanical and physical characteristics, Journal of Composite Materials 41 (2007) 1431–1443. [CrossRef]
- S. Mula, P. Padhi, S.K. Panigrahi, S.K. Pabi, S. Ghosh, On structure and mechanical properties of ultrasonically cast Al-2% Al2O3 nano-composite, Material Research Bulletin 44 (2009) 1154–1160. [CrossRef]
- T. Lin, C. Tan, B. Liu, M. Adolphus, Microstructure of AA2924-SiC nano structured metal matrix composites, Journal of Material Science 43 (2008) 7507–7512. [CrossRef]
- H. Liu, L. Wang, A. Wang, T. Lou, B. Ding, Study of SiC/Al nano composite under high pressure, Nano structured Materials 9 (1997) 225–228. [CrossRef]
- J.M. Torralba, C.E. Costa, F. Velasco, P/M aluminium matrix composite: an overview, Journal of Materials Processing Technology 133 (2003) 203–206. [CrossRef]
- K.D. Woo, D.L. Zhang, Fabrication of Al-7wt.% Si-.04wt.% Mg/SiC nano-composite powder and bulk nano composite by high energy ball milling and powder metallurgy, Current Applied Physics 4 (2004) 175–178. [CrossRef]
- L. Geng, X. Zhang, G. Wang, Z. Zheng, Effect of aging treatment on mechanical properties of (SiCw + SiCp)/2024 Al hybrid nano composite, Transactions of Nonferrous Metals Society of China 16 (2006) 387–391. [CrossRef]
- B.S.B. Reddy, K. Rajsekar, M. Venu, J.S.S. Dilip, S. Das, K. Das, Mechanical activation assisted solid-state combustion synthesis of in situ aluminium matrix hybrid (Al3Ni/ Al2O3) nano composite, Journal of Alloys and Compounds 465 (2008) 97–105. [CrossRef]
- R. Pérez-Bustamante, I. Estrada-Guel, W. Antúnez-Flores, M. Miki-Yoshida, P.J. Ferreira, R. Martínez-Sánchez, Novel Al matrix nanocomposite reinforced with multiwall carbon nanotubes, Journal of Alloys and compounds 450 (2008) 323–326, DOI: 10.1016/J.Jallcom.2006.10.146. [CrossRef]
- T. Laha, Y. Liu, A. Agarwal, Carbon nano-tube reinforced aluminium nano-composite via plasma and high velocity Oxy-fuel spray forming, Journal of Nano-Science and Nanotechnology 7 (2007) 1–10.
- H. Wang, G. Li, Y. Zhao, G. Chen, In-situ fabrication and microstructure of Al2O3 particle reinforced aluminium matrix composite, Material Science and Engineering A 527 (2010) 2881–2885. [CrossRef]
- S. Goussous, W. Xu, K. Xia, Developing aluminium nano-composite via severe plastic deformation, Journal of Physics: Conference Series 240 (2020) 012106. [CrossRef]
- S.H. Joo, S.C. Yoon, C.S. Lee, D.H. Nam, S.H. Hong, Microstructure, tensile behaviour of Al and Al-matrix carbon nano tube composite processed by high pressure torsion of the powders, Journal of Materials Science 45 (2010) 4652–4658. [CrossRef]
- C. Xue, J.K. Yu, X.M. Zhu, Thermal properties of diamond/SiC/Al composite with high volume fraction, Materials and Design 32 (2011) 4225–4229. [CrossRef]
- I.S. Lee, J. Hsuc, C.F. Chen, J. Hon, P.W. Kao, Particle reinforced aluminium matrix Composite produced from powder mixture via friction stir processing, Composite Science and Technology 71 (2011) 693–698. [CrossRef]
- G. Nandpati, N.R. Damera, R. Nallu, Effect of micro-structural changes on mechanical properties of friction stir welded SiC reinforced AA6061 composite, International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology 2 (2010) 6491–6499.
- M. Gupta, M.O. Lai, C.Y.M. Lim, Development of a novel hybrid aluminium based composites with enhanced properties, Journal of Material Processing Technology 176 (2006) 191–199. [CrossRef]
- G.C. Reddy, K. Rajkumar, S. Aravindan, Fabrication of Copper-TiC-graphite hybrid metal matrix composites through microwave processing, International Journal of Manufacturing Technology 48 (2010) 645–653. [CrossRef]
- S.K. Thakur, K.S. Tun, M. Gupta, Enhancing uniform, non-uniform and total failure strain of aluminium by using SiC at nano scale, Journal of Engineering Materials and Technology 132 (2010) 1–6. [CrossRef]
- T.D.P. Rajan, R.M. Pillai, B.C. Pai, K.G. Satyanarayana, P.K. Rohatgi, Fabrication and characterization of Al-7Si-.35Mg/fly ash metal matrix composite processed by different casting routes, Composite science and Technology 67 (2007) 3369–3377. [CrossRef]
- C.S. Ramesh, R. Keshavamurthy, B.H. Channabasappa, A. Ahmed, Microstructure and mechanical properties of Ni-P coated Si3N4 reinforced Al 6061 composite, Material Science and Engineering A 502 (2009) 99–106. [CrossRef]
- B.F. Schultz, J.B. Ferguson, P.K. Rohatgi, Microstructure and hardness of Al2O3 nano particles reinforced Al-Mg composites fabricated by reactive wetting and stir mixing, Material Science and Engineering A 530 (2011) 87–97. [CrossRef]
- J. Hashmi, L. Looney, M.S.J. Hashmi, Metal matrix composites: production by stir casting method, Journal of Material Processing Technology 92–93 (1999) 1–7. [CrossRef]
- S. Kumar, J.P. Kruth, Composites by rapid prototyping technology, Materials and Design 31 (2010) 850–856. [CrossRef]
- R. Bauri, M.K. Surappa, Processing and compressive strength of Al-Li-SiCp composite fabricated by a compound billet technique, Journal of Material Processing Technology 209 (2009) 2077–2084. [CrossRef]
- D.B. Miracle, Metal matrix composites – From science to technological significance, Composite Science and Technology 65 (2005) 2526–2540. [CrossRef]
- S.C. Tjong, Z.Y. Ma, The high temperature creep behaviour of aluminium-matrix composites reinforced with SiC, Al2O3 and TiB2 particles, Composite Science and Technology 57 (1997) 697–702. [CrossRef]
- S.M. Zebarjad, S.A. Sajjadi, E.Z. Vahid Karimi, Influence of nanosized silicon carbide on dimensional stability of Al/SiC nanocomposite, Research Letters in Materials Science 2008 (2008) 835746. [CrossRef]
- H. Presting, U. Konig, Future nanotechnology developments for automotive applications, Materials Science and Engineering C 23 (2003) 737–741. [CrossRef]
- V.M. Kvorkijan, Aluminium composite for automotive applications: a global perspective, JOM (1999) 54–58. [CrossRef]
- P.K. Rohtagi, B. Schultz, Light weight metal matrix composites- Stretching the boundaries of metals, Material Matters 2 (2007) 16.
- M.H. Boncangra-Bernal, Hot Isostatic Pressing (HIP) technology and its application to metals and ceramics, Journal of Materials Science 39 (2004) 6399–6420. [CrossRef]
- N. Chawla, J.J. Williams, R. Saha, Mechanical behaviour and microstructure characterization of sinter-forged SiC reinforced matrix composites, Journal of Light Metals 2 (2002) 215–227. [CrossRef]
- P. Fauchais, Understanding plasma spraying, Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics 37 (2004) R86–R108. [CrossRef]
- S. Hasan, Design of experiment analysis of high velocity oxy-fuel coating of hydroxyapatite, Master of Engineering Thesis, Dublin City University,1–124, 2009.
- O. Guillon, J. Gonzalez-Julian, B. Dargatz, T. Kessel, G. Schierning, J. Rathel, Field assisted sintering technology/spark plasma sintering, mechanism, materials and technology development, Advanced Engineering Materials 16 (2014) 830–849. [CrossRef]
- K. Rajkumar, S. Aravindan, Microwave sintering of copper-graphite composites, Journal of Material Processing Technology 209 (2009) 5601–5605. [CrossRef]
- Y. Li, G. Wang, Q. Liu, M. Yang, Ni/GO nanocomposites and its plasticity, Manufacturing Review 2 (2015) 8. [CrossRef]
- K. Sharifian, M. Emamy, K. Tavighi, S.E. Vazin Yeganeh, Microstructure and tensile properties of hot extruded Al matrix composite containing different amount of Al4Sr, Metallurgical and Materials Transaction A 45A (2014) 5344–5350. [CrossRef]
- A. Alizadeh, E. Taheri-Nassaj, M. Hajizamani, Hot extrusion process effect on mechanical behaviour of stir cast Al based composite reinforced with mechanically milled B4C Nanoparticles, Journal of Materials Science and Technology 27 (2011) 1113–1119. [CrossRef]
- H.G. Prashantha Kumar, M. Anthony Xavior, Graphene Reinforced Metal Matrix Composites (GRMMC), Procedia Engineering 97 (2014) 1033–1040. [CrossRef]
- M. Bastwros, G.-Y. Kim, C. Zhu, K. Zhang, S. Wang, X. Tang, X. Wang, Effect of ball milling on graphene reinforced Al6061 composite fabricated by semi-solid sintering, Composites: Part B 60 (2014) 111–118. [CrossRef]
- C.-H. Jeon, Y.-H. Jeong, J.-J. Seo, H.N. Tien, S.-T. Hong, Y.-J. Yum, S.-H. Hur, K.-J. Lee, Material properties of graphene/aluminium matrix composites fabricated by friction stir processing, International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing 15 (2014) 1235–1239. [CrossRef]
- J. Wang, Z. Li, G. Fan, H. Pan, Z. Chen, D. Zhang, Reinforcement with grapheme nano sheets in aluminium matrix composites, Scripta Materialia 66 (2012) 594–597. [CrossRef]
- B. Bobic, S. Mtrovic, M. Babic, I. Bobic, Corrosion of aluminium and zinc-aluminium alloys based metal matrix composites, Tribology in Industry 31 (2009) 44–53.
Volume 2, 2015
|Number of page(s)||13|
|Published online||13 August 2015|
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.