- J.-P. Kruth, Material incress manufacturing by rapid prototyping techniques, CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology 40 (1991) 603–614. [CrossRef]
- J.-P. Kruth, M.-C. Leu, T. Nakagawa, Progress in additive manufacturing and rapid prototyping, CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology 47 (1998) 525–540. [CrossRef]
- W.D. Callister, D.G. Rethwisch, Materials science and engineering: an introduction, vol. 7, Wiley, New York, 2007.
- D. Bourell, M. Leu, D. Rosen, Roadmap for additive manufacturing-Identifying the future of freeform processing, vol. 32, The University of Texas at Austin, Laboratory for Freeform Fabrication. Advanced Manufacturing Center, 2009.
- I. Gibson, D.W. Rosen, B. Stucker, Additive manufacturing technologies, Springer, New York, 2010. [CrossRef]
- T.J. Horn, O.L. Harrysson, Overview of current additive manufacturing technologies and selected applications, Science Progress 95 (2012) 255–282. [CrossRef]
- N. Guo, M.C. Leu, Additive manufacturing: technology, applications and research needs, Frontiers of Mechanical Engineering 8 (2013) 215–243. [CrossRef]
- S. Mellor, L. Hao, D. Zhang, Additive manufacturing: a framework for implementation, International Journal of Production Economics 149 (2014) 194–201. [CrossRef]
- S.H. Huang, et al., Additive manufacturing and its societal impact: a literature review, The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology 67 (2013) 1191–1203. [CrossRef]
- W.E. Frazier, Metal additive manufacturing: a review, Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance 23 (2014) 1917–1928. [CrossRef]
- V. Petrovic, et al., Additive layered manufacturing: sectors of industrial application shown through case studies, International Journal of Production Research 49 (2011) 1061–1079. [CrossRef]
- H.R. Thomas, N. Hopkinson, P. Erasenthiran, High speed sintering – continuing research into a new rapid manufacturing process, in Proceedings of 17th SFF Symposium, Austin, TX, 2006.
- S. Kumar, Development of functionally graded materials by ultrasonic consolidation, CIRP Journal of Manufacturing Science and Technology 3 (2010) 85–87. [CrossRef]
- C. Cheah, et al., Rapid prototyping and tooling techniques: a review of applications for rapid investment casting, The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology 25 (2005) 308–320. [CrossRef]
- L.E. Murr, et al., Characterization of titanium aluminide alloy components fabricated by additive manufacturing using electron beam melting, Acta Materialia 58 (2010) 1887–1894. [CrossRef]
- A. Gasser, et al., Laser additive manufacturing, Laser Technik Journal 7 (2010) 58–63. [CrossRef]
- M.C. Leu, S. Pattnaik, G.E. Hilmas, Optimization of selective laser sintering process for fabrication of zirconium diboride parts, in Proceeding of International Solid Freeform Fabrication Symposium, Austin, TX, 2010.
- S. Das, et al., Producing metal parts with selective laser sintering/hot isostatic pressing, JOM 50 (1998) 17–20. [CrossRef]
- A. Strondl, et al., Microstructure and mechanical properties of nickel based superalloy IN718 produced by rapid prototyping with electron beam melting (EBM), Materials Science and Technology 27 (2011) 876–883. [CrossRef]
- M. El Baradie, Manufacturing aspects of metal matrix composites, Journal of Materials Processing Technology 24 (1990) 261–272. [CrossRef]
- B. Vandenbroucke, J.-P. Kruth, Selective laser melting of biocompatible metals for rapid manufacturing of medical parts, Rapid Prototyping Journal 13 (2007) 196–203. [CrossRef]
- R. Hahnlen, M.J. Dapino, Active metal-matrix composites with embedded smart materials by ultrasonic additive manufacturing, in SPIE Smart Structures and Materials + Nondestructive Evaluation and Health Monitoring, International Society for Optics and Photonics, 2010.
- D. Gu, et al., Laser additive manufacturing of metallic components: materials, processes and mechanisms, International Materials Reviews 57 (2012) 133–164. [CrossRef]
- C. Paul, et al., Investigating laser rapid manufacturing for Inconel-625 components, Optics & Laser Technology 39 (2007) 800–805. [CrossRef]
- S. Bhattacharya, et al., Microstructural evolution of AISI 4340 steel during direct metal deposition process, Materials Science and Engineering: A 528 (2011) 2309–2318. [CrossRef]
- G. Dinda, L. Song, J. Mazumder, Fabrication of Ti-6Al-4V scaffolds by direct metal deposition, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A 39 (2008) 2914–2922. [CrossRef]
- B. Baufeld, O. Van der Biest, R. Gault, Additive manufacturing of Ti–6Al–4V components by shaped metal deposition: microstructure and mechanical properties, Materials & Design 31 (2010) S106–S111. [CrossRef]
- N. Fang, Q. Wu, A comparative study of the cutting forces in high speed machining of Ti–6Al–4V and Inconel 718 with a round cutting edge tool, Journal of Materials Processing Technology 209 (2009) 4385–4389. [CrossRef]
- E. Brandl, et al., Additive manufactured AlSi10Mg samples using Selective Laser Melting (SLM): microstructure, high cycle fatigue, and fracture behavior, Materials & Design 34 (2012) 159–169. [CrossRef]
- A. Emamian, S.F. Corbin, A. Khajepour, The effect of powder composition on the morphology of in situ TiC composite coating deposited by Laser-Assisted Powder Deposition (LAPD), Applied Surface Science 261 (2012) 201–208. [CrossRef]
- A. Emamian, M. Alimardani, A. Khajepour, Effect of cooling rate and laser process parameters on additive manufactured Fe–Ti–C metal matrix composites microstructure and carbide morphology, Journal of Manufacturing Processes 16 (2014) 511–517. [CrossRef]
- R. Chou, et al., Additive manufacturing of Al-12Si alloy via pulsed selective laser melting, JOM 67 (2015) 590–596. [CrossRef]
- A. Bellini, L. Shor, S.I. Guceri, New developments in fused deposition modeling of ceramics, Rapid Prototyping Journal 11 (2005) 214–220. [CrossRef]
- E. Sachs, et al., Three dimensional printing: rapid tooling and prototypes directly from a CAD model, Journal of Engineering for Industry 114 (1992) 481–488. [CrossRef]
- K. Fan, W. Cheung, I. Gibson, Fusion behavior of TrueFormTM/SiO2 composite powders during selective laser sintering, Rapid Prototyping Journal 14 (2008) 87–94. [CrossRef]
- F.-H. Liu, Y.-K. Shen, Y.-S. Liao, Selective laser gelation of ceramic-matrix composites, Composites Part B: Engineering 42 (2011) 57–61. [CrossRef]
- A.E. Tontowi, T. Childs, Density prediction of crystalline polymer sintered parts at various powder bed temperatures, Rapid Prototyping Journal 7 (2001) 180–184. [CrossRef]
- J. Wilkes, et al., Additive manufacturing of ZrO2-Al2O3 ceramic components by selective laser melting, Rapid Prototyping Journal 19 (2013) 51–57. [CrossRef]
- B. Cappi, et al., Direct inkjet printing of Si 3 N 4: characterization of ink, green bodies and microstructure, Journal of the European Ceramic Society 28 (2008) 2625–2628. [CrossRef]
- A.M. Wätjen, et al., Novel prospects and possibilities in additive manufacturing of ceramics by means of direct inkjet printing, Advances in Mechanical Engineering 6 (2014) 141346. [CrossRef]
- M. Schwentenwein, J. Homa, Additive manufacturing of dense alumina ceramics, International Journal of Applied Ceramic Technology 12 (2015) 1–7. [CrossRef]
- H.L. Tekinalp, et al., Highly oriented carbon fibe-polymer composites via additive manufacturing, Composites Science and Technology 105 (2014) 144–150. [CrossRef]
- L.J. Love, et al., The importance of carbon fiber to polymer additive manufacturing, Journal of Materials Research 29 (2014) 1893–1898. [CrossRef]
- J.B. Jones, D.I. Wimpenny, G.J. Gibbons, Additive manufacturing under pressure, Rapid Prototyping Journal 21 (2015) 89–97. [CrossRef]
- S. Kenzari, et al., Quasicrystal-polymer composites for additive manufacturing technology, Acta Physica Polonica A 126 (2014) 449–452. [CrossRef]
- I. Gorynin, et al., Additive technologies based on composite powder nanomaterials, Metal Science and Heat Treatment 56 (2015) 519–524. [CrossRef]
- I. Shishkovsky, Laser synthesis of functionally gradient mesostructures and bulk products, Fizmatlit, Moscow, 2009, p. 424.
- B. Zheng, et al., Microstructure and properties of laser-deposited Ti6Al4V metal matrix composites using Ni-coated powder, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A 39 (2008) 1196–1205. [CrossRef]
- R. Gadow, F. Kern, A. Killinger, Manufacturing technologies for nanocomposite ceramic structural materials and coatings, Materials Science and Engineering: B 148 (2008) 58–64. [CrossRef]
- D. Engstrom, et al., Additive nanomanufacturing – a review, Journal of Materials Research 29 (2014) 1792–1816. [CrossRef]
- D.J. Pena, M.P. Raphael, J.M. Byers, “Dip-Pen” nanolithography in registry with photolithography for biosensor development, Langmuir 19 (2003) 9028–9032. [CrossRef]
- P. Galliker, et al., Direct printing of nanostructures by electrostatic autofocussing of ink nanodroplets, Nature Communications 3 (2012) 890. [CrossRef]
- J. Zhang, et al., Design, manufacturing, and testing of single-carbon-nanotube-based infrared sensors, Nanotechnology, IEEE Transactions on 8 (2009) 245–251. [CrossRef]
- O. Ivanova, C. Williams, T. Campbell, Additive manufacturing (AM) and nanotechnology: promises and challenges, Rapid Prototyping Journal 19 (2013) 353–364. [CrossRef]
- D. Gu, H. Wang, G. Zhang, Selective laser melting additive manufacturing of Ti-based nanocomposites: The role of nanopowder, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A 45 (2014) 464–476. [CrossRef]
- L. Li, W. Syed, A. Pinkerton, Rapid additive manufacturing of functionally graded structures using simultaneous wire and powder laser deposition, Virtual and Physical Prototyping 1 (2006) 217–225. [CrossRef]
- V. Beal, et al., Evaluating the use of functionally graded materials inserts produced by selective laser melting on the injection moulding of plastics parts, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part B: Journal of Engineering Manufacture 221 (2007) 945–954. [CrossRef]
- M. Domack, J. Baughman, Development of nickel-titanium graded composition components, Rapid Prototyping Journal 11 (2005) 41–51. [CrossRef]
- E. Müller, et al., Functionally graded materials for sensor and energy applications, Materials Science and Engineering: A 362 (2003) 17–39. [CrossRef]
- H. Chung, S. Das, Functionally graded Nylon-11/silica nanocomposites produced by selective laser sintering, Materials Science and Engineering: A 487 (2008) 251–257. [CrossRef]
- C.-Q. Hong, et al., A novel functionally graded material in the ZrB 2–SiC and ZrO 2 system by spark plasma sintering, Materials Science and Engineering: A 498 (2008) 437–441. [CrossRef]
- J. Parthasarathy, B. Starly, S. Raman, A design for the additive manufacture of functionally graded porous structures with tailored mechanical properties for biomedical applications, Journal of Manufacturing Processes 13 (2011) 160–170. [CrossRef]
- G. Jin, W. Li, Adaptive rapid prototyping/manufacturing for functionally graded material-based biomedical models, The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology 65 (2013) 97–113. [CrossRef]
- J. Obielodan, B. Stucker, A fabrication methodology for dual-material engineering structures using ultrasonic additive manufacturing, The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology 70 (2014) 277–284. [CrossRef]
- K. Arcaute, B. Mann, R. Wicker, Stereolithography of spatially controlled multi-material bioactive poly (ethylene glycol) scaffolds, Acta Biomaterialia 6 (2010) 1047–1054. [CrossRef]
- P. Dewhurst, A general optimality criterion for strength and stiffness of dual-material-property structures, International journal of mechanical sciences 47 (2005) 293–302. [CrossRef]
- W. Han, et al., Tool path-based deposition planning in fused deposition processes, Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering 124 (2002) 462–472. [CrossRef]
- L. Hao, et al., Selective laser sintering of hydroxyapatite reinforced polyethylene composites for bioactive implants and tissue scaffold development, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part H: Journal of Engineering in Medicine 220 (2006) 521–531. [CrossRef]
- A. Yakovlev, et al., Laser-assisted direct manufacturing of functionally graded 3D objects, Surface and Coatings Technology 190 (2005) 15–24. [CrossRef]
- T. Jackson, et al., Modeling and designing functionally graded material components for fabrication with local composition control, Materials & Design 20 (1999) 63–75. [CrossRef]
- S. Kumar, J.-P. Kruth, Composites by rapid prototyping technology, Materials & Design 31 (2010) 850–856. [CrossRef]
- D. Hotza, C.M. Gomes, J. Günster, Advances in additive manufacturing processes and materials, Advances in Mechanical Engineering 6 (2014) 645075. [CrossRef]
- S.K. Jing, et al., A review of product design for additive manufacturing, in Applied Mechanics and Materials, Trans Tech Publ., 2014.
- I. Campbell, D. Bourell, I. Gibson, Additive manufacturing: rapid prototyping comes of age, Rapid Prototyping Journal 18 (2012) 255–258. [CrossRef]
- T. Grimm, User’s guide to rapid prototyping, Society of Manufacturing Engineers, 2004.
- K.V. Wong, A. Hernandez, A review of additive manufacturing, ISRN Mechanical Engineering 2012 August 16 (2012).
Volume 3, 2016
Special Issue - Additive Manufacturing Materials & Devices
|Number of page(s)||17|
|Published online||05 July 2016|
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.