Volume 4, 2017
|Number of page(s)||18|
|Published online||12 May 2017|
- L. Da Silva, M. El-Sharif, C. Chisholm, S. Laidlaw, A review of the cold roll bonding of AlSn alloy/steel bimetal strips, in: Conference Metal 2014 Proceedings, Brno, 2014.
- B.-M. Li, J.-F. Han, G.-M. Xu, J.-Z. Cui, Effect of cold-rolling and annealing of interfacial structures and properties of A500/steel bimetal strip, Transactions of Nonferrous Metals Society of China 15 (2005) 754–758.
- G.C. Pratt, Materials for plain bearings, International Metallurgical Reviews 18 (1973) 62–88. [CrossRef]
- M. Stolbchenko, O. Grydin, F. Nuernberger, A. Samsonenko, M. Schaper, Sandwich rolling of twin-roll cast aluminium-steel clad strips, in: 11th International Conference on Technology of Plasticity, Nagoya, 2014.
- R. Jamaati, M.R. Toroghinejad, Investigation of the parameters of the cold roll bonding (CRB) process, Materials Science and Engineering 527 (2010) 2320–2326. [CrossRef]
- T.A. Barnes, I.R. Pashby, Joining techniques for aluminium spaceframes used in automobiles. Part II - adhesive bonding and mechanical fasteners, Journal of Materials Processing Technology 99 (1998) 72–79. [CrossRef]
- B. Drinkwater, P. Cawley, Measurement of the frequency dependence of the ultrasonic reflection coefficient from thin interface layers and partially contacting interfaces, Ultrasonics 35 (1997) 479–488. [CrossRef]
- R.J. Freemantle, R.E. Challis, Combined compression and shear wave ultrasonic measurements on curing adhesive, Measurement Science and Technology 9 (1998) 1291–1302. [CrossRef]
- S. Dixon, D. Jaques, S.B. Palmer, G. Rowlands, The measurement of shear and compression waves in curing epoxy adhesives using ultrasonic reflection and transmission techniques simultaneously, Measurement Science and Technology 15 (2004) 939–947. [CrossRef]
- E. Siryabe, M. Renier, A. Meziane, M. Castaings, The transmission of lamb waves across adhesively bonded lap joints to evaluate interfacial adhesive properties, in: 2015 ICU International Congress on Ultrasonics, Metz, 2015, 541–544.
- F. Lanza di Scalea, P. Rizzo, A. Marzani, Propagation of ultrasonic guided waves in lap-shear adhesive joints: case of incident A0 lamb wave, Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 115 (2004) 146–156. [CrossRef]
- R. Seifried, J.J. Laurence, Q. Jianmin, Propagation of guided waves in adhesive bonded components, NDT&E International 35 (2002) 317–328. [CrossRef]
- Y.Y. Hung, H.P. Ho, Shearography: an optical measurement technique and applications, Materials Science and Engineering: R: Reports 49 (2005) 61–87. [CrossRef]
- M. Hung, Y.S. Chen, S.P. Ng, S.M. Shepard, Y. Hou, J.R. Lhota, Review and comparison of shearography and pulsed thermography for adhesive bond evaluation, Optical Engineering 5 (2007) 051007–051007. [CrossRef]
- Y.Y. Hung, Y.S. Chen, S.P. Ng, L. Liu, Y.H. Huang, B.L. Luk, R.W. Ip, C.M. Wu, P.S. Chung, Review and comparison of shearography and active thermography for nondestructive evaluation, Materials Science and Engineering 64 (2009) 73–112. [CrossRef]
- N.P. Avdelidis, B.C. Hawtin, D.P. Almond, Transient thermography in the assessment of defects of aircraft composites, NDT&E International 36 (2003) 433–439. [CrossRef]
- N.P. Avdelidis, D.P. Almond, A. Dobbinson, B.C. Hawtin, C. Ibarra-Castanedo, Aircraft composites assessment by means of transient thermal NDT, Progress in Aerospace Sciences 40 (2004) 143–162. [CrossRef]
- C. Meola, G.M. Carlomagno, Application of infrared thermography to adhesion science, Journal of Adhesion Science and Technology 20 (2006) 589–632. [CrossRef]
- S. Bagavathiappan, B.B. Lahiri, T. Saravanan, J. Philip, T. Jayakumar, Infrared thermography for condition monitoring – a review, Infrared Physics & Technology 60 (2013) 35–55. [CrossRef]
- C. Maierhofer, R. Krankenhagen, R. Roellig, M. Kalisch, J. Meinhardt, Development and application of active thermography for monitoring of deterioration processes of historic structures, in: Nondestructive Testing of Materials and Structures, RILEM Bookseries, 2013, pp. 1111–1116. [CrossRef]
- G. Kim, S. Hong, G.H. Kim, K.Y. Jhang, Evaluation of subsurface defects in fiber glass composite plate using lock-in technique, International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing 13 (2012) 465–470. [CrossRef]
- B. Yang, P.K. Liaw, M. Morrison, C.T. Liu, R.A. Buchanan, J.Y. Huang, R.C. Kuo, J.G. Huang, D.E. Fielden, Temperature evolution during fatigue damage, Intermetallics 13 (2005) 419–428. [CrossRef]
- M. Omar, M. Hassan, K. Donohue, K. Saito, R. Alloo, Infrared thermography for inspecting the adhesion of plastic welded joints, NDT&E International 1 (2006) 1–7. [CrossRef]
- S. Marinetti, D. Robba, F. Cernuschi, P.G. Bison, E. Grinzato, Thermographic inspection of TBC coated gas turbine blades: Discrimination between coating over-thicknesses and adhesion defects, Infrared Physics & Technology 3 (2007) 281–285. [CrossRef]
- S.M. Shepard, M.F. Beemer, Advances in thermographic signal reconstruction, in: Proceedings of SPIE Thermosense: Thermal Infrared Applications XXXVII, Baltimore, 2015.
- W. Steinchen, L. Yang, G. Kupfer, P. Maeckel, Non-destructive testing of aerospace composite materials using digital shearography, Journal of Aerospace Engineering 1 (1998) 21–30.
- N.P. Avdelidis, D.P. Almond, Z.P. Marioli-Riga, A. Dobbinson, B.C. Hawtin, Pulsed thermography: philosophy, qualitative and quantitative analysis on aircraft materials and applications, in: Advances in Signal Processing for Non Destructive Evaluation of Materials, Quebec City, 2005.
- C. Meola, G.M. Carlomagno, Recent advances in the use of infrared thermography, Measurement Science and Technology 15 (2004) R27. [CrossRef]
- X. Huan, Z. Zeng, W. Li, M. Islam, J. Lu, V. Loggins, E. Yitamben, L.D. Favro, G. Newaz, R.L. Thomas, Acoustic chaos for enhanced detectability of cracks by sonic infrared imaging, Journal of Applied Physics 7 (2004) 3792–3797. [CrossRef]
- F. Chen, Digital shearography: state of the art and some applications, Journal of Electronic Imaging 1 (2001) 240–251. [CrossRef]
- A.V. Fantin, D.P. Willemann, M.E. Benedet, A.G. Albertazzi, Robust method to improve the quality of shearographic phase maps obtained in harsh environments, Applied Optics 55 (2016) 1318–1323. [CrossRef]
- T. Hasiotis, E. Badogiannis, N.G. Tsouvalis, Application of ultrasonic C-scan techniques for tracing defects in laminated composite materials, Journal of Mechanical Engineering 3 (2009) 192–203.
- B. Djordjevic, Nondestructive test technology for the composites, in: The 10th International Conference of the Slovenian Society for non-destructive testing, Ljubljana, 2009, pp. 259–265.
- Volume 17: Nondestructive evaluation and quality control, ASM Handbook, 1989.
- W. Alobaidi, E. Sandgren, H. Al-Rizzo, A survey on benchmark defects encountered in the oil pipe industries, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research 6 (2015) 844–853.
- C.C. Guyott, P. Cawley, R.D. Adams, The non-destructive testing of adhesively bonded structures: a review, The Journal of Adhesion 20 (1986) 129–159. [CrossRef]
- H. Gao, S. Ali, B. Lopez, Efficient detection of delamination in multilayered structures using ultrasonic guided wave EMATs, NDT&E International 43 (2010) 316–322. [CrossRef]
- X. Jian, S. Dixon, R.S. Edwards, J. Reed, “Coupling mechanism of electromagnetic acoustical transducers for ultrasonic generation”, Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 119(5), Part 1 (2006) 2693–2701.
- H.J. Salzburger, F. Niese, G. Dobmann, Emat pipe inspection with guided waves, Welding in the World 56 (2012) 35–43. [CrossRef]
- P.A. Petcher, M.D. Potter, S. Dixon, A new electromagnetic acoustic transducer (EMAT) design for operation on rail, NDT&E International 65 (2014) 1–7. [CrossRef]
- P.A. Petcher, S. Dixon, Weld defect detection using PPM EMAT generated shear horizontal ultrasound, NDT&E International 74 (2015) 58–65. [CrossRef]
- K. Arun, R. Dhayalan, K. Balasubramaniam, B. Maxfield, P. Peres, D. Barnoncel, An EMAT-based shear horizontal (SH) wave technique for adhesive bond inspection, in: AIP Conference Proceedings (2012).
- S. Huang, Z. Wei, W. Zhao, S. Wang, A new omni-directional EMAT for ultrasonic Lamb wave tomography imaging of metallic plate defects, Sensors 2 (2014) 3458–3476. [CrossRef]
- S. Dixon, C. Edwards, S.B. Palmer, Recent developments in the characterisation of aluminium sheets using electromagnetic acoustic transducers (EMATs), Insight 44 (2002) 274–278.
- R.S. Edwards, S. Dixon, X. Jian, Characterisation of defects in the railhead using ultrasonic surface waves, NDT&E International 39 (2006) 468–475. [CrossRef]
- R.S. Edwards, X. Jian, Y. Fan, S. Dixon, Signal enhancement of the in-plane and out-of-plane Rayleigh wave components, Applied Physical Letters 19 (2005) 194104. [CrossRef]
- M. Hirao, H. Ogi, Electromagnetic acoustic resonance and materials characterization, Ultrasonics 6 (1997) 413–421. [CrossRef]
- S. Huang, W. Zhao, Y. Zhang, S. Wang, Study on the lift-off effect of EMAT, Sensors and Actuators S: Physical 2 (2009) 218–221.
- M. Hirao, H. Ogi, EMATs for science and industry: noncontacting ultrasonic measurements, Kluwer Academic Publishers, London, 2003. [CrossRef]
- R.B. Thompson, Physical principles of measurements with EMAT transducers, vol. 19, Academic Press, Inc., Ames, 1990, pp. 157–200.
- K. Kawashima, Theory and numerical calculation of the acoustic field produced in metal by an electromagnetic ultrasonic transducer, The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 60 (1976) 1089–1099. [CrossRef]
- S.B. Palmer, S. Dixon, Industrially viable non-contact ultrasound, Insight 45 (2003) 211–217.
- H.D. Manesh, H.S. Shahabi, Effective parameters on bonding strength of roll bonded Al/St/Al multilayer strips, Journal of Alloys and Compounds 476 (2009) 292–299. [CrossRef]
- M. Sahin, Effect of surface roughness on weldability in aluminium sheets joined by cold pressure welding, Industrial Lubrication and Tribology 60 (2008) 249–254. [CrossRef]
- R.F. Tylecote, D. Howd, J.E. Furmidge, The influence of surface films on the pressure welding of metals, British Welding Journal 1 (1958) 21–38.
- M. Movahedi, A.H. Kokabi, S.S. Reihani, Investigation on the bond strength of Al-1100/St-12 roll bonded sheets, optimization and characterization, Materials & Design 32 (2011) 3143–3149. [CrossRef]
- H.A. Mohamed, J. Washburn, Mechanism of solid state pressure welding, Welding Journal 54 (1975) 302–310.
- L. DaSilva, M. El-Sharif, C. Chisholm, S. Laidlaw, A novel adaption of the T-peel bimetal bond test based on the thin film bonding theory using cold roll bonded AlSn/steel bimetal laminates, in: Volume 3: Advances in Manufacturing Technology XXX, Loughborough, 2016, 161–166.
- R.E. Green, Non-contact ultrasonic techniques, Ultrasonics 42 (2004) 9–16. [CrossRef]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.