Volume 1, 2014
|Number of page(s)||14|
|Published online||21 November 2014|
- D.T. Allen, D.R. Shonnard, Sustainability in chemical engineering education: identifying a core body of knowledge, AlChE (American Institute of Chemical Engineers) Journal, https://workspace.imperial.ac.uk/ceFluidMechanics/Public/13877_fta.pdf (accessed on dated 27th May, 2013).
- M. Gaussin, G. Hub, S. Abolghasem, S. Basu, M.R. Shankar, B. Bidanda, Assessing the environmental footprint of manufactured products: a survey of current literature, International Journal of Production Economics 146 (2013) 515–523. [CrossRef]
- A. Swain, Climate change connection, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada 1 (July, 2006), http://www.climatechangeconnection.org/resources/documents/business_guide.pdf (dated 7th May, 2013).
- A.D. Jayal, F. Badurdeen, O.W. Dillon Jr, I.S. Jawahir, Sustainable manufacturing: modeling and optimization challenges at the product, process and system levels, CIRP Journal of Manufacturing Science and Technology 2 (2010) 144–152. [CrossRef]
- J. Sarkis, Manufacturing strategy and environmental consciousness, Technovation 15 (1995) 79–97. [CrossRef]
- CPCB (Central Pollution Control Board) Report, Guidelines for ambient air quality monitoring (April, 2003), http://www.cpcb.nic.in/newitems/7.pdf (accessed on dated 15th June, 2013).
- CPCB (Central Pollution Control Board) Report, Guidelines for water quality management (January, 2008), http://www.cpcb.nic.in/upload/NewItems/NewItem_97_guidelinesofwaterqualitymanagement.pdf (accessed on dated 19th July, 2013).
- G. Singh, R.M. Belokar, Lean manufacturing implementation in the assembly shop of tractor manufacturing company, International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering 1 (2012) 71–74.
- P. Sen, P.K. Ray, S.K. Ghosh, Environmental performance measurement and evaluation for manufacturing organizations: a review and reflection, Proceedings of the International Conference on Managing the Asian Century (ICMAC) (2013) 193–199. [CrossRef]
- Energetics, Inc. Gear industry vision (September, 2004), http://www.geartechnology.com/issues/0907x/sepoct07.pdf (accessed on dated 18th July, 2013).
- A.M. Deif, A system model for green manufacturing, Journal of Cleaner Production 19 (2011) 1553–1559. [CrossRef]
- J. Rawlings, P. Coker, J. Doak, B. Burfoot, Do smart grids offer a new incentive for SME carbon reduction? Sustainable Cities and Society 10 (2014) 245–250. [CrossRef]
- N. Ramzan, S. Degenkolbe, W. Witt, Evaluating and improving environmental performance of HC’s recovery system: a case study of distillation unit, Chemical Engineering Journal 140 (2008) 201–213. [CrossRef]
- M. Zackrisson, C. Rocha, K. Christiansen, A. Jarnehammar, Stepwise environmental product declarations: ten SME case studies, Journal of Cleaner Production 16 (2008) 1872–1886. [CrossRef]
- A. Zorpas, Environmental management systems as sustainable tools in the way of life for the SMEs and VSMEs, Bioresource Technology 101 (2010) 1544–1557. [CrossRef]
- E. Claver, M.D. López, J.F. Molina, J.J. Tari, Environmental management and firm performance: a case study, Journal of Environmental Management 84 (2007) 606–619. [CrossRef]
- S.G. Azevedo, H. Carvalho, V.C. Machado, The influence of green practices on supply chain performance: a case study approach, Transportation Research Part E 47 (2011) 850–871. [CrossRef]
- S.X. Zeng, X.H. Meng, R.C. Zeng, C.M. Tam, V.W.Y. Tam, T. Jin, How environmental management driving forces affect environmental and economic performance of SMEs: a study in the Northern China district, Journal of Cleaner Production 19 (2011) 1426–1437. [CrossRef]
- International Finance Corporation (IFC) environmental, health, and safety guidelines report (April, 2007), http://www.ifc.org/wps/wcm/connect/532ff4804886583ab4d6f66a6515bb18/1-1%2BAir%2BEmissions%2Band%2BAmbient%2BAir%2BQuality.pdf?MOD=AJPERES (accessed on dated 29th May, 2013).
- A.K. Chambers, M. Strosher, T. Wootton, J. Moncrieff, P. McCready, Direct measurement of fugitive emissions of hydrocarbons from a refinery, Journal of Air and Waste Management Association 58 (2008) 1047–1056. [CrossRef]
- R. Devi, R.P. Dahiya, COD and BOD removal from domestic wastewater generated in decentralised sectors, Bioresource Technology 99 (2008) 344–349. [CrossRef]
- B.J.S. Uiterkamp, H. Azadi, P. Ho, Sustainable recycling model: a comparative analysis between India and Tanzania Resources, Conservation and Recycling 55 (2011) 344–355. [CrossRef]
- Department of Consumer and Employment Protection, Government of Western Australia, Successful noise management in manufacturing (February, 2006), http://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/worksafe/PDF/Hazard_identification/Successful_noise_man.pdf (accessed on dated 19th September, 2013).
- Department of Justice and Attorney-General, Queensland Government, Workplace Health and Safety (January, 2010), http://www.deir.qld.gov.au/workplace/index.htm#.UxqR68A1MZs (accessed on dated 19th September, 2013).
- K. Fang, N. Uhana, F. Zhaob, J.W. Sutherland, A new approach to scheduling in manufacturing for power consumption and carbon footprint reduction, Journal of Manufacturing Systems 30 (2011) 234–240. [CrossRef]
- B. Sundarakani, R. Souza, M. Goh, S.M. Wagner, S. Manikandan, International Journal of Production Economics 128 (2010) 43–50. [CrossRef]
- B.W. Ang, P.W. Lee, Decomposition of industrial energy consumption: the energy coefficient approach, Energy Economics 18 (1996) 129–143. [CrossRef]
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Reportm, Energy trends in selected manufacturing sectors: opportunities and challenges for environmentally preferable energy outcomes (March, 2007), http://www.epa.gov/sectors/pdf/energy/report.pdf (accessed on dated 12th June, 2013).
- J.P. Santos, M. Oliveira, F.G. Almeida, J.P. Pereira, A. Reis, Improving the environmental performance of machine-tools: influence of technology and throughput on the electrical energy consumption of a press-brake, Journal of Cleaner Production 19 (2011) 356–364. [CrossRef]
- T.L. Saaty, The analytic hierarchy process, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1980.
- T.L. Saaty, How to make a decision: the analytic hierarchy process, European Journal of Operational Research 48 (1990) 9–26. [CrossRef]
- W.D. Cook, K. Tone, J. Zhu, Data envelopment analysis: prior to choosing a model, Omega 44 (2014) 1–4. [CrossRef]
- J. Doyle, R. Green, Efficiency and cross-efficiency in DEA: derivations, meanings and uses, Journal of the Operational Research Society 45 (1994) 567–578. [CrossRef]
- J. Sarkis, A methodological framework for evaluating environmentally conscious manufacturing programs, Computers and Industrial Engineering 36 (1999) 793–810. [CrossRef]
- M. Omid, F. Ghojabeige, M. Delshad, H. Ahmadi, Energy use pattern and benchmarking of selected greenhouses in Iran using data envelopment analysis, Energy Conversion and Management 52 (2011) 153–162. [CrossRef]
- K. Nakamura, Introduction of grinding swarf recycling, NTN technical review, engineering department, Unitop Corporation (2004), http://www.ntn.co.jp/english/products/review/pdf/NTN_TR71_en_P080.pdf (accessed on dated 18th July, 2013).
- J. Gronostajski, A. Matuszak, The recycling of metals by plastic deformation: an example of recycling of aluminium and its alloys chips, Journal of Materials Processing Technology 92–93 (1999) 35–41. [CrossRef]
- Acculube Accurate Lubricant and Metalworking Fluids, Inc., http://www.acculube.com (accessed on dated 17th August, 2013).
- Datron Smart Manufacturing Solutions, http://www.datron.co.in (accessed on dated 17th August, 2013).
- Lubriserv Ltd, http://www.lubriserv.com (accessed on dated 18th August, 2013).
- Indass metalworking fluid recycling and management equipment (2011), http://www.newmoa.org/prevention/topichub/23/newmoamanualch1.pdf (accessed on dated 18th August, 2013).
- G. Knothe, R.O. Dunn, M.O. Bagby, Biodesel: the use of vegetable oils and their derivatives as alternative diesel fuels, fuels and chemicals from biomass, 172–208, http://www.siame.gov.co/siame/documentos/documentacion/mdl/03_VF_Bibliografia/Biodiesel/use_of_vegetable_oils.pdf.
- Y. Ali, M.A. Hanna, Alternative diesel fuels from vegetable oils, Bioresource Technology 50 (1994) 153–163. [CrossRef]
- S. Yamamoto, J.S. Park, M. Takata, K. Sasaki, T. Hashimoto, Basic study on the prediction of solar irradiation and its application to photovoltaic-diesel hybrid generation system, Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells 75 (2003) 577–584. [CrossRef]
- H.S. Jacobus, K. Kiger, Solar-Diesel hybrid power system optimization and experimental validation (2010) http://drum.lib.umd.edu/bitstream/1903/11276/1/Jacobus_umd_0117N_11857.pdf
- K. Kusakana, H.J. Vermaak, Hybrid diesel generator/renewable energy system performance modeling, Renewable Energy 67 (2014) 97–102. [CrossRef]
- D. Yamegueu, Y. Azoumah, X.P.N. Zongo, Experimental study of electricity generation by Solar PV/diesel hybrid systems without battery storage for off-grid areas, Renewable Energy 36 (2011) 1780–1787. [CrossRef]
- Air and waste management association report, Air pollution emission control devices for stationary sources (April, 2007), http://events.awma.org/files_original/ControlDevicesFactSheet07.pdf (accessed on dated 29th May, 2013).
- Axon Technologies Consult Report, Plasma carburizing with high pressure gas quenching (March 26, 1997), http://cordis.europa.eu/documents/documentlibrary/26817631EN6.pdf (accessed on dated 19th May, 2013).
- Excerpts, pollution prevention in machining and metal fabrication (March, 2001).
- Z. Zurecki, X. Wang, Atmosphere carburizing using electric discharge-activated nitrogen-natural gas mixtures, http://www.airproducts.com/~/media/downloads/white-papers/A/en-atmos-carburizing-using-electric-discharge-activated-nitrogen-natural-gas-mixtures-330-10-011-us.pdf (accessed on dated 05th March, 2014).
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.